Yesterday the kids and I got to watch another space shuttle lift off here in Florida. This was the first time from our new home so we had to try to figure out just where to look in the sky to catch the fleeting moment of the liftoff process.
The sky was fairly cloudy so we didn't expect to see it. Then from over the roof of the building next door we saw it! Being on the second floor gave us a much better view than from the lawn of our old house.
Seeing a shuttle launch for real from so far away is really hard because if you see it, then it is literally for about 10 to 12 seconds if you're lucky, then it's gone. In that few seconds, I have to spot it, and then instruct each kid where to look before the moment is over. Very stressful.
I got lucky and both kids saw it as easily as I did. They are always thrilled too.
We never get to see the landing but we do get to hear the sonic booms.
One of the benefits of living in Florida.
Smiles, Lynne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment