Every year I make the same resolution:
"I will NOT go to the Dr's office or emergency room this year"
Do you know why I make this same resolution each year? Because I can never even get to March without breaking it!
Well, It's February and yes, we have already been to the dr.'s and had xrays.
Who?....you ask. Ben
Ben has been having problems with his elbow for the past 6 or 8 months. After his games he would tell us that his elbow was killing him. We just thought that he was throwing too much and needed to rest and ice it. Being the catcher, he does throw a lot during a game.
Well, he had a six week baseball break over the Christmas holiday and right when he started back up with baseball, it again was hurting him. Rob and I decided to take him in to have an xray to be sure he didn't have an existing problem in the elbow.
The xray showed that he had torn his growth plate on the inside of his right elbow.
It is called Little League Elbow and requires a long rest period to heal and if that doesn't work, he may need surgery to fix the elbow and then a long recouperation period.
So, as of now he is just batting for his baseball team. No throwing for 4 weeks. We will then have another set of xrays done to see if he is healing on his own. If he is, then we will just rest him more and then he will have to ease back into throwing after about 6 weeks. let's hope the rest will fix the problem. It would be a shame for him to be in a cast for months and months.
So now you know why I have to have the same resolution every year.
Perhaps 2009 will be the one?
Smiles, Lynne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry to hear about Ben... Hopefully the rest will do it...Sean has a friend that has the same problem and they are doing the rest thing as well. Is Lauren playin soccer .. Micheal decided to play soccer as well. Sean is on the reds junior team.. He has his first practice Wednesday night ... Hopefully it will go well... Say hi to everyone.. Talk to you later ..Amy
Post a Comment