Saturday, February 16, 2008

I am asking for help

As everyone has noticed, the cost of groceries has risen dramatically over the past few years.

Rob and I used to spend about $80.00 per week on food for our family. $100 if we needed shampoo or other non-food items. We are now spending about $150 to $170 and that is being very careful and buying Walmart brand everything!

What I need from you is low cost healthy meal ideas. We have eaten our share of Spaghetti and raviolli. We have done the burger mixed with noodles and gravy. We, (meaning I) don't eat beans at all.

I know you all have ideas (or even website addresses with ideas). I am not looking for the recipes where I have to buy 15 ingredients to make. I am looking for those old family favorites, the ones you always can count on. Cheap, healthy, easy.

We are trying to make an effort to eat healthier. Any suggestions would be great.
Please just post them under comments. Make sure to leave your name, so I can thank you.

Thanks and smiles, Lynne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello I just have a couple comments... Did you try going to Pazzone's (Spelling is not right)it is an itialan meat market but they have really good deals on meat.. It might help a little on stretching you dollar.. Also here is a something the boys just love and a real crowd pleaser.. Taks a bag of frozen meatballs. 1 jar of grape or apple jelly and 1 jar of heinz 57 sauce and put in a crock pot and let it cook for a couple of hours... They also like pigs in a blanket.. That a hot dog with a biscut and cheese wrapped around it and baked.. If i can think or any other ones i will let you know..Amy