Monday, February 11, 2008

A new chapter...

Well, it is time. As a family, we have decided to have the kids go back to public school. Well, sort of.....
We have applied for spots in the Oasis Charter school system here in Cape Coral. It has been a month and we have not heard if they have been accepted yet, but we remain positive that they will. The schools are right beside each other and they are about 2 miles from our house. We chose the charter school because, although they must still follow the Lee county requirements for education, they are able to take whatever route they choose to get there.

Now that the decision is made, the kids are excited for what is ahead for them. They are anxious to find out if they got in (There is a long waiting list for each school).

We made this decision based on multiple things. Ben will be in 8th grade this upcomming year and I am coming to the end of my science, grammar, and history expertise. It is time to send him back to school to prepare him for high school and beyond. I loved every day I had with him home and I feel as though he has become a very well behaved young man. I know he is now ready to make the tough decisions he will face in school. I am confident he will follow a path to success rather than choose the path of least resistance.

As for Lauren, she did not want to go to school at all, but once she walked around the school, she just lit up. The only fear I have ever had for Lauren being in Public school is boredom. She is very smart and learns very quickly. She will thrive at Oasis and she will make so many new friends and experience things like: field trips and eating in the cafeteria. I have no worries about her. They will place her with kids of her own learning ability, not just age.

Right now I am working all different hours throughout the day and night, this fall I will be able to work all day and then pick the kids up and have the nights and weekends to enjoy with them.
I am looking forward to that.

I guess thats all for now. Smiles, Lynne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure they will both do well. It will be a whole new experience for Lauren but I bet she will love it. It has been a long time since Ben was in public school, but I am sure he will enjoy it and do well also. They have been lucky, you have done so well with them. Good luck to you all.