Where does the time go? It was May and kids were getting excited for school to end and now the back to school posters are everywhere and its time to re-buy all the silly things they need for school.
The house closing finally happened on July 12th. We moved in on the 13th.
Things have been hectic but wonderful. The stress of not knowing where we were going to live is gone and I didnt realize until it was gone just how heavy that was.
Rob and I have our plates full with cleaning the house and getting the lawn into shape. The house was vacant for 2 months and it needed a bunch of landscaping work. Thankfully the grass is in great shape and the sprinkler system has done a good job. There are a few palm trees that are in bad shape so when it gets cooler outside we will remove them.
I have to say it's nice to work on the yard and then have the pool to jump into to cool off. I like that.
The kids have both had friends over and they love having the pool to play with. Ben turned 15 this week and he got his driving permit. I know it's part of growing up, but I think I need more time to adjust...haha.
It looks like we qualified for the homebuyers tax credit that was available, so i am thrilled about that...it will be nice to put some money back into our savings. We used most of the savings for closing costs.
I hope everyone is having a great summer. I will post house photos soon.
Smiles, Lynne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment