I know it has been a while since I have blogged about an ER visit, so here goes.
Ben had a HS game today and he was the catcher. He was making a great play in the 2nd inning, tagging out the runner coming home when the runner picked his knee up and slammed Ben in the face breaking his nose. Ben was down for quite a while on the field. The blood seemed endless. Once he got his bearings back, he asked to stay in the game. He played the next 4 innings and then began to vomit over and over. I took him to the closest hospital near the field and they did a CAT scan and took xrays of his face.
Nose was broken(thankfully it is still straight...so far) and his brain had no swelling or bleeding...thank God!
The boy who knee'd him was immediately thown out of the game and I heard that the coach went over and took his jersey off his back...I like that coach.
The opposing coach said Ben could play for his team anytime.
We were very impressed at Ben's strength and courage...getting hit in the nose is not pleasant but he did not want to let his team down.
We are very proud of him.
Just such a typical Ben moment. nothing interferes with baseball.
Smiles, Lynne

1 comment:
oh my goodness Lynn!!!! i am glad that he is doing ok!!1 you can't win can ya?/ I miss you. I promise I will shoot you an e-mail soon and update you on the happenings here.
Post a Comment