Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of school and first hurricane day







Lauren
in her
uniform.














The cool
backpack!
Notice
the
skull!

Ugh!















Finally!
The Bus












Ben was
not as
eager to
be
photographed

Note: He does
wear shoes at
school.










Today was the first day of school for the kids. They both seemed excited. Lauren was awake at 4am and I woke Ben up at 8:15am.

Lauren had a blast. She liked her teacher and made a friend already. I wrote a joke and put it in her lunchbox and she was embarrassed by it and asked me to not do it again. I was crushed.

Ben didn't say much about school except that he thought his honors algebra was very hard. He met a kid on the bus that he really liked. He has a class for television production. He thinks that is great. Ben also requested that I stop the jokes in the lunchbox, jeesh!

The kids have no school tomorrow due to this tropical storm headed directly to us. We did not put up our storm shutters, but a lot of the residents around us did. There were two guys driving around and offering to put them up for $120.00. They were making money like crazy! If I had a long enough ladder, I would be out there ready to charge $120.00 to take them down tomorrow!

Rob has to work during the storm. He is on a core group that has to stay throughout the storm and take care of any needs the plant has during and after it.

Ben is sleeping at a friends house, so Lauren and I are riding out Fay alone. I feel very safe although if the storm worsens, Lauren and I can head to Rob's work about 2 miles away.

Not sure if the power will stay or not. I will blog when it is over. We are as preparred as we can be.

Windy Smiles, Lynne

1 comment:

momwats8 said...

I am so glad they had a good first day. Looking forward to hearing how you fare in Fay.