Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Mom

As you may or may not know, my mother is battling lung cancer. She is a tough woman, but just when you think she has been dealt enough, something else comes her way.

On Saturday, my brother (who lives next door to her) got a phone call at work, from a concerned friend who hadn't been able to reach my mom at home all day. He got to her house about 4pm and found her in the bathroom unconcious.

He called 911 and they intebated her right in the ambulance and took her to the emergency room. Her temperature was 107.9.

I received a phone call that no one wants to get..."Mom's in the hospital, I found her unconcious and it doesn't look good".

We have no idea how long she was in the bathroom and that couldn't make me feel any worse, knowing that she was probably there for hours, helpless.

What seems to have happened is that she turned on the AC to cool off her house, but the fan was not on when my brother found her, so the house was over 110 degrees.

She suffered from heatstroke and is now in the ICU still unconcious. It's been 24 hours.

Today she did make some positive steps. When the doctor spoke her name, she did open her eyes. She also seems to respond to us kids talking to her. Even my sister Tracey in Maine talked to her on speaker phone and her heartrate went up by quite a bit. This gives us hope that she is still inside that frail body waiting to get stronger, before she makes her grand appearance again.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as we would really appreciate them.
I will update when I have more info to share.

Lynne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom if there is anything that we can do for you or your family please let us know ..We will keep both your mom and your family in our thoughts and prayers..Amy

momwats8 said...

oh Lynne -I just read this and the newer post. I am so sorry and we are definitely praying!!!!!