Ok, first of all, Lauren has gotten used to Ben being gone. She loves sleeping in his bunk bed.
As you've probably noticed, I changed my blog photo yesterday. I just love this photo of Lauren, she was in the new belt ceremony. I really wished she had stuck with Karate, she was really good at it.
The space shuttle took off yesterday and I missed it. We were at the bike park and I forgot to look up. Bummer. That's the first one I missed.
Ben will be returning to his Infinity team for another season of AAU Baseball. His first tournament is Labor day weekend in Tampa. The team has offered him a scholarship for the season so we can afford to play again. We are grateful that they believe in him enough to offer him a free season.
I am doing well at the phone job, I am considering letting the baby go within the next month or two. It will be hard to not see her every day but I can make so much more money withLiveOps in half the time. Time will tell.
I just interviewed this week for another job over the phone and got the job! This one is to be an operator for some of the travel type commercials you see on tv all the time(I can't say the company, I'll get in trouble).This work is perfect for me. Having travel agent experience helped alot. They will contact me soon regarding training. I am excited about that one. I plan to work both jobs.
Homeschool starts on Aug 20th. Thankfully, I have most of the books already. All I need to get now is their math books and a few school supplies. Under $100.00! I am usually around $300-$400 per year. This is great timing for an inexpensive year. We will be dropping Spanish this year. Although the kids seem to like the spanish classes, they NEVER practice it and without constant practice, it is just about impossible to retain the language. I am sad that I wasn't successful at that, we did try for two years. I must move on. Every year I allow both kids a lot of flexibility in their reading choices. As long as they are reading, I was not too picky as to what it was. This year I will be assigning them books to read. I don't think it will go over well with either one of them, we'll see. Last year Ben read Tom Sawyer and hated it. I thought that book would be right up his alley. He loved Robinson Carusoe. I just can't figure him out. Both my kids are great readers but very lazy readers. They would reather complain at how bored they are than ever pick up a book on their own.
I am excited to get back to school with them.
I guess that's it for now.
Smiles as always, Lynne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like life is good:)
Post a Comment