Over the past couple of weeks I have been trying to decide if I should keep babysitting for Lexie or not. Here's the situation, When I started sitting for her in April, I planned on having two babies to watch. I would make about $300.00 per week and that would provide for what we needed. Unfortunately, the state of Florida doesn't allow me to sit for more than 1 child at a time without them getting deep into your life and having you pay taxes and registration fees!(Gone are the days of just babysitting, now it is a business or you are breaking the law!).
With only Lexie as income, I took a job with an at-home callcenter. This job has done so well that it is actually costing me money to keep Lexie here. I can make up the $130.00 weekly from her in 1 day on the phones. It is hard to say goodbye to such a cute little girl but, hey money talks.
I told her mom the news this morning and that did not go well. She said she understood and walked out crying. Now, I hate crying! Especially from an adult. I took a moment and re-evaluated my decision and I know that I made the right call. She has good parents and I am sure they will find a home that Lexie is happy in.
Now that she will be leaving soon, my schedule will be changing for the better. I will be able to wake up a little later and workout from 7-7:45am then shower and get ready for my day. The kids have school from 9-noon on most days. I plan to have lunch with them and then work from 1-5pm(Rob comes home from work at 2:05). We will have dinner and then I will work from 7:40-10pm. Each weekend will be different due to Ben's baseball schedule, but I will be able to get in at least 10-15 hours per weekend without a problem.
I feel relief now that I have made the decision to let go of Lexie. Now the kids and I can get to the library and actually take our time without the baby screaming to get out of the stroller. Boy do I hate that! I am not as tolerant as I used to be about screaming babies. I am also excited to take Ben and Lauren out on Field trips and fun adventures during the school year.
The kids started school on Wednesday and they had a great week! They both jumped right into their routine and did a great job with their work. The best part is that we began math with a review of what they learned last year and both of them retained most of what I taught! What a thrill to see that they did actually learn. I am very proud of both of them.
Today is or dog Allie's 3rd birthday. The kids and I think it's a big deal. Allie doesn't seem to care, except she gets lots of treats today.
Ben has 2 baseball games Sunday, I'll let you know how he does.
Thank you to all who bought raffle tickets from Ben. He sold all of them! We really apprecaite your support. Most of the people we know here are on the baseball team(go figure) so it's hard to sell 20 tickets, but with your help we did it!
Thanks and Smiles, Lynne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My My haven't you been a guys beavers! Enjoying your posts. Glad you are able to make enough to take a babysitting break though I know you will miss Lexie. Miss you all - see you soon:)
Post a Comment