Friday, July 6, 2007

When it rains it pours...

Although it is the rainy season in Sunny Florida, I'm talking about job offers. As I have said before, Rob took a significant pay cut to go work with the City of Cape Coral a few months ago. Things have been VERY stressful lately. I was planning to help out by babysitting for two babies to make up some of the difference but those plans were squashed when a parent I turned away reported me to the State as an illegal daycare. In Florida you can only watch 1 baby without being licenced to operate a daycare. For lots of reasons, I didn't want to take that route.
SO...
Through other homeschool Moms, I began to research other legit work at home options.
I discovered a few great opportunities and began applying a couple weeks ago. Then this week I received job offers from not one but TWO companies!

One company is a pre-scheduled full time job, I would be working on my computer with a headset on taking phone calls from people calling infomercials to place orders. This is a well respected reputable company. The only negative is that I would have to work in 8 hour shifts.

The second company is pretty much the same thing, however I can choose week to week full/part time. Along with infomercials, they also take orders for two national pizza chains. The shifts are 30 minute segments scheduled at the beginning of each week. So, I could work from 6:30am to 9am and then work later that night from 9pm-11:30pm . The next day I can do something completely different. I really like that flexibility for Dr. visits and such. With this company I can take off when I want or work 12 hours if I want. It's up to me.

The second company works better for our family. It also allows me to keep babysitting Lexie. I am in the final paperwork stages of both. I like the idea of working from home on the computer.

I have done lots of research, and both appear to have good reputations. I will let you know which one I choose and keep you updated on how thing are going with it.

If anyone is interested in working for either one, just send me an e mail and I will give you the websites to apply.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Smiles, Lynne

No comments: